Certificates don’t come with out-of-the-box with wpLEARNS for WooCommerce Sensei LMS Plugin.
This add-on will let you reward your students by providing them with printable PDF certificates when they complete a course.
Install WooCommerce Sensei LMS Certificates Add-On
To install WooCommerce Sensei LMS Certificates Add-On…
Download the plugin to your computer (Click here for free download)
Login to WordPress Admin. Go to Plugins > Add New
Click on “Upload Plugin”
Browse to find the plugin you downloaded.
Select “Install Now”, then “Activate”.
To define settings for this add-on…
Go to Sensei > Settings > “Certificate Settings”
By default, all certificate options are enabled:
- View in Courses – Show a View Certificate link in the single Course page and the My Courses page.
- View in Learner Profile – Show a View Certificate link in the Learner Profile page.
- Public Certificate – Allow the Learner to share their Certificate with the public.
Default Sensei Certificates
As soon as the WooCommerce Sensei LMS Certificates Add-On is installed, you can begin adding the default Sensei Certificate template to your Courses!
If your WordPress site has less than 1000 users, Certificates for courses completed in the past will automatically be generated for your learners.
More than 1000 users? Go to Sensei > Data Updates and click ‘Run Update’ next to the “Create Certificates” option.
To add a Certificate to a Course…
Go to Courses > [Course Title] > “Certificate Template”
- Choose ‘Example Template’ from the dropdown menu.
- Save your Course by clicking ‘Update’ or ‘Publish’
Add Certificates for Sensei
WooCommerce Sensei LMS Certificates Add-On adds a new menu item to WP Admin: “Certificates”
Sensei Certificates: Frontend
Students can view Certificates they have received for completing a Course in three different places:
- Course Page – Click “View Certificate”
- /my-courses (My Courses) – Find Certificates under Completed Courses
- Learner Profile – If you’ve enabled this option in Sensei > Settings > “Certificate Settings”
Certificates are PDF files. They will open in a new browser tab when “View Certificate” is clicked. Students can save or print the pdf as they would an other pdf file.
Sharing Sensei Certificates
By default, only the logged in student who completed the Course can view their Certificate.
However, if you’ve enabled “Learner Profile” in Sensei > Settings > “Certificate Settings”, students will see a “Allow my Certificates to be publicly viewed” option on their Learner Profile. When enabled, Certificate urls can be ‘shared’ and seen by anyone with the url.
Add New Certificate
Add Certificates Templates for Sensei
Go to Sensei > Data Updates and click ‘Run Update’ next to the “Create Master Certificate Template” option.