Lifter WordPress LMS Plugin has eCommerce built-in. The native Lifter Checkout supports only Stripe and PayPal– two of the most popular payment gateways.
With the Lifter Checkout, you can sell Courses with ‘Access Plans’ or ‘Memberships.’
Download Required Plugins
Lifter WordPress LMS Plugin (Core)
Get ALL Lifter Add-ons (Including Stripe & PayPal)
+ Lifter WordPress LMS Plugin (Core)
Install the Required Plugins
To install these plugins (if you haven’t already)…
- Download the plugin to your computer.
- Login to WordPress Admin. Go to Plugins > Add New
- Click on “Upload Plugin”
- Browse to find the WordPress Courseware Plugin plugin you downloaded.
- Click “Install Now”, then “Activate”.
Configure Payment Gateways
Go to LifterLMS > Settings > “Checkout”
Under ‘Payment Gateways’ enable each payment gateway you want to use. Follow the instructions to configure the gateway and enter the proper credentials.
Sell Course with ‘Access Plan’
Want to sell access to a single Course? This is the way Udemy works– students buy access to one course at a time.
To do this, you will add an ‘Access Plan’ to the Course’s “Product Options.”
To add an ‘Access Plan’ to a Course…
- Go to Courses > [Course Name] > “Product Options”
- Click “Add Access Plan”
- Enter a ‘Plan Title’ (ex: “Buy it now!”)
- Enter a ‘Price’ and choose a ‘Frequency’ from the dropdown
- Set ‘Access Expiration.’ Default is lifetime access.
- Select ‘Sale’ for ‘Sale Pricing’ to set a sale price (if you want one)
- Enter a plan ‘Description’
When you are finished defining your ‘Access Plan,’ click “Save Access Plans”
Make a course ‘free’ by checking ‘Is Free’ when editing an ‘Access Plan.’
More than one ‘Access Plan’?
Yes! You can add as many ‘Access Plan’ options as you’d like. For instance, you might offer different pricing via different Access Plans for ‘One Month’ ‘6 Month’ or ‘One Year’ access.
Sell Course with a ‘Membership’
Want to sell access to several courses with a ‘Membership’ product? Like, for instance, TeamTreehouse?
To do this, first you need to add some memberships.
Add Courses to Membership…
Go to Memberships > Add Membership > “Auto Enrollment” (Tab)
Here is where you add Courses to your Membership! Choose all courses that should be accessible when this Membership is purchased with the dropdown. Users associated with the Membership (through purchase or by enrolling for a free membership) will be ‘auto enrolled’ in the Courses you have defined here.