If you used Lifter WordPress LMS Plugin‘s Setup Wizard (and we hope you did!) you had the option to install a ‘Sample Course.’
To find the ‘Sample Course’ go to Courses > “How to Build a Learning Management System with LifterLMS”
Here’s how to create a course with Lifter WordPress LMS Plugin.
To add a new course…
Go to Courses > Add Course
Enter “Course Title.”
Set “Course Options”….
“Course Options”: Description
Enrolled / Non-Enrolled Student Descriptions
Use the WYSIWIG to enter different Course descriptions for both enrolled students and non-enrolled site users.
We will review them only once (below).
Define pricing to access your Course.
Click “Add” to begin using the Course Builder to build your course outline. Options include:
- “Add New Section”
- “Add New Lesson”
- “Add Existing Lesson”– Yes, you can re-use lesson content!
Use the WYSIWIG to enter a Course description that will display only on Course archive pages.
Customize the layout for this Course page, including entering custom text that will display in the header or ‘hiding’ the Course Title.
Here, you will find a list of all students currently enrolled in this Course. You can search students by name or email.
You can also manually add (‘enroll’) new students from this panel by searching your site’s user list, selecting a student and clicking “Enroll Students.”
“Course Options”: General
Enter ‘Course Length’
Select ‘Course Difficulty’ from the dropdown. To customize difficulty levels available in this dropdown, go to Courses > Difficulties.
Paste url for a ‘Featured Video’ (If you want one). Enable “Display Featured Video on Course Tile” if you want.
“Course Options”: Restriction
Enter a custom ‘Content Restricted Message.’ This message will appear when a user attempts to view content they don’t have access to.
Enable other of the following functionality for your Course by checking the box. These optional features include…
- Enrollment Period – Set a date when enrollment for the Course starts and ends.
- Course Time Period – Set dates when the Course content can be viewed.
- Prerequisites – Select other Courses you’ve created to be ‘prerequisites’ for this one. Ie, a student must complete those courses before enrolling successfully in this one.
- Course Capacity – Enter the # of students allowed to enroll
“Course Options”: Reviews
Course reviews are disabled by default. Check the box to enable any of the following…
- Enable Reviews
- Display Reviews (on the Course page)
- Prevent Multiple Reviews (by the same user)